Official Rules – Win weekend passes to Riot Fest!
1. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase or payment necessary to enter. To enter the Sweepstakes, fill out the entry form on altpress.com (the “Site”). No automated entries on the Site that are made using any script, macro, sweepstakes service, automated entry software, or facsimiles will be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or not received by the Site, in whole or in part, due to computer, Internet, or electronic malfunction, failures or difficulties. The Sweepstakes begins at 4:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) on August 29, 2014. Entries submitted on the Site must be submitted by 11:59 pm ET on September 14, 2014. Entries will not be returned and become property of Sponsor. All entries are subject to the eligibility requirements stated below.
2. Prize(s). Two weekend passes to Riot Fest Torono, Chicgao and Denver will be awarded. Approximate retail value of the prize(s) is $380.00. Prizes are not transferable. No substitution of prizes permitted. Federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses relating to the acceptance and use of any prize are the responsibility of the winner.
3. Drawing and Award. A random drawing will be conducted by a Sponsor representative, which may be a Sponsor employee or a third-party administrator on or about three days before the first day of each festival from among all eligible entries received. The randomly selected winner(s) will be notified by email to the address of the email account holder if the winner entered electronically or by phone or mail to the address indicated on any mail-in entry within 10 business days of the winner selection process. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within 10 business days, s/he will be disqualified and an alternate entrant will be selected. Any prize not claimed or returned as undeliverable may be awarded to an alternate entrant.
4. Odds Of Winning. Odds of winning are determined by number of entries received.
5. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to residents of the United States only (excluding Puerto Rico) age 13 or older and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. If you are not a resident of, and located, in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico) at the time of entry you do not meet the eligibility requirements and your entry is void. The Sweepstakes is not open to employees of Alternative Press Magazine Inc., its third party administrator(s) (if any), or to their immediate families. Winners, or - if minors - their parent or legal guardian, must, except where prohibited by law, sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and a publicity release allowing the use of their names by sponsors. Void where prohibited by law.
6. General. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and its administrator(s), if any, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from all and any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to: (a) preparation for, travel to, or participation in this Sweepstakes; (b) attendance at and participation in, any event in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (c) any prize won in the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize won in this Sweepstakes; even if caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for: (A) printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (B) lost, stolen, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due mail; or (C) for electronic transmissions that are lost or fail to enter the processing system, are processed, reported, or transmitted late, or are lost for any reason including computer viruses, computer problems, Internet downtime, telephone, paper, or any other malfunction including, without limitation, human error. Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify this Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, at anytime without notice if fraud or technical failures (including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor and its administrator(s), if any) or any other reasons whatsoever interfere with its conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. If the Sweepstakes is cancelled for any reason before completion of the entry period stated above, all eligible automatic and mailed entries received up to the point of termination will be included in a random drawing to award the Prizes. By entering, you accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and its administrator(s), if any, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
In the event winner and/or winner’s guest engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives in their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives reserve the right to terminate the applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or winner’s guest home with no further compensation.
If winner is unable to attend the event included in any prize on the date designated by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. In the event a winner is able to attend the designated event on the date designated by Sponsor but the designated event does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, illness of a performer, postponement, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to award tickets for an alternate show or show date with no further obligation to the winner. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of comparable value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Tickets may be subject to restrictions imposed by issuer. Winner agrees, by participation in the Sweepstakes, to carefully read the instructions accompanying each ticket and to adhere to any restrictions imposed by the applicable issuer.
8. Winners List. For a list of winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to Alternative Press Contests/”name of contest” Winners List, 1305 West 80th Street, Suite 2F, Cleveland, Ohio 44102-1996. Request must be postmarked by September 20, 2014. Allow four to six weeks for delivery.
9. Sponsor. Sponsor is Alternative Press, Inc., 1305 West 80th Street, STE 214; Cleveland, OH 44102