Position: Managing Editor
HQ: Cleveland, OH
I’ve been writing for AP for a long time. In fact, when I started at the magazine as a summer intern, super-baggy pants, track suits and midriff shirts were the ultimate fashion statements, and this new-fangled trend called nü-metal was sweeping the nation. Over the years, I’ve scribbled tens of thousands of words for AP on everyone from R.E.M. to the Rocket Summer; I’ve also penned cover stories on Jack’s Mannequin (AP #234), All Time Low (AP #247), AFI (AP #257) and the Maine (AP #264). More recently, you might have seen my weekly “In The Studio” column right here at Altpress.com or my interviews with Ronnie Radke and Panic! At The Disco’s Brendon Urie.
When I’m not writing about music or going to shows, I’m looking for the next great sushi restaurant, taking photos, reading books, watching the Food Network or swimming.
8 Life-Changing Concerts:
1. Death Cab For Cutie/Dismemberment Plan, The Middle East, Cambridge, Massachusetts, March 2002 (a.k.a. the “Death And Dismemberment Tour”)
2. Lollapalooza 2007, featuring Daft Punk and Muse
3. My Chemical Romance, The Pageant, St. Louis, December 14, 2010
4. Nine Inch Nails, Worcester Centrum, May 2, 2000
5. Morrissey, The Pageant, St. Louis, Missouri, May 22, 2007
6. Radiohead, Lakewood Civic Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio, August 16, 1997
7. No Doubt/Garbage, Worcester Centrum, October 20, 2002
8. PJ Harvey, The Paradise, Boston, Massachusetts, December 9, 2000