SAD SONGS. For the most part, your teenage years were probably pretty great. But other times you just wanted to crawl up in the smallest position possible, put on your headphones and listen to Thursday on repeat—but only after you shared some of Geoff Rickly’s über-sad words with your buddy list.
11. “It's clouded and so is my head/The hint of these new tears are sharp/I try to choke them back/But it's useless/I am useless against them/They are beating me with ease.” Dashboard Confessional – “The Sharp Hint Of New Tears”
12. “I know you want it all and you got me/Sorry I never was everything you ever dreamed but kept at bay/For just in case that day.” The Early November – “Baby Blue”
13. “February, Valentine’s Day/Did my best to avoid the red clichés/So you dumped me on the subway/On my way to work at 9 in the morning/Everybody else is holding bouquets/Now I'm holding my face in the basement/Scratching away for any trace/Of affection you will leave/Falling victim to the public’s prey.” The Honorary Title – “Everything I Once Had”
14. At the end of the world/Or the last thing I see/You are never coming home, never coming home/Could I? Should I?/And all the things that you never ever told me/And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me/Never coming home, never coming home.” My Chemical Romance – “The Ghost Of You”
15. “Another tragic case of feeling bruised and broken/From our head on collision/I've never seen this side of you/Another tragic case.” New Found Glory “Head On Collision”
16. “I don't want to feel this way forever/A dead letter marked return to sender.” Thursday – “Understanding In A Car Crash”
HAPPY SONGS >>