A lot happens in our scene each week. In an attempt to capture what you might've missed, we gather up noteworthy moments and package them in one convenient post every weekend. Check out this week's roundup below!
1. The Maine announced this week that album six is complete.
Read what frontman John O’Callaghan had to say about the forthcoming album in AP’s Most Anticipated interview here.
It's official! Album 6 is complete. 10 years in and we are more excited than ever with what we have created. Can't wait to share the new sounds with you. Thank you for being a part of the family and thanks to @colbywedge and @timkirch for making album 6 possible. Here's to the start of something new! #8123 ��: @_lupe
2. Andrew McMahon In The Wilderness released a new song called “So Close.”
“So Close” comes from In The Wilderness’ new album Zombies On Broadway, out Feb. 10.
3. Frank Carter, formerly of Gallows, and his band the Rattlesnakes premiered a new music video for “Wild Flowers.”
The band will be hitting the States for a handful of dates later this year. Check them out below the video.
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes’ album, Modern Ruin, is due out Jan. 20.
February 24 Los Angeles, CA Troubadour (w/Crystal Fairy)
April 29 Jacksonville, FL Welcome to Rockville
May 6 Charlotte, NC Carolina Rebellion
4. Good Tiger—one of AP’s 17 Artists You Need To Know In 2017—announced on Instagram that they've entered the studio to record their second LP.
5. The Wonder Years teased fans this week with what seems to be a studio Instagram post with the caption “Back at it.”
6. As part of that adorable A Red Trolley Show—which sees band members perform on a trolley to some lucky commuters—Anthony Green did an acoustic rendition of “Will It Be” as homage to his kids.
Watch and enjoy:
7. Dryjacket debuted new song “Spelling Era.”
The band’s new album, For Posterity, will be out Jan. 13 via Hopeless Records.
8. A rare Weezer fan club single, “The Last Days Of Summer,” surfaced online this week.
It’s featured on the band's The White Album deluxe reissue.
9. Mayday Parade’s Jake Bundrick made fans even more excited for new music with some tweets this week.
I've honestly enjoyed my social media hiatus recently. Sometimes you just gotta get away and focus on yourself...aka music.— Jake Bundrick (@JakeMaydayP) January 8, 2017
Very proud of what the 5 of us have been creating on our own so far. I'm blessed to be around such talented people in Alex, Brooks, Cab & D.— Jake Bundrick (@JakeMaydayP) January 8, 2017
Just know we're listening and want to make our next record the best we can for not only us, but for you guys. Until then, keep your head up.— Jake Bundrick (@JakeMaydayP) January 8, 2017
10. The Gospel Youth signed to Rise Records.
Here’s their new single, “The Miles We Are Apart”:
Velocity/Rise will be releasing the band’s new album later this year.