19. Chasing Safety released a new track, “Erase Me,” from their upcoming album, Nomad, out Jan. 6 via Outerloop Records:
20. Solo project of the Front Bottoms bassist Tom Warren, Big Neil announced a split with the Big Easy via Something Wicked Records. Grab I'm So Gone, I Ain't Got No Hope on Bandcamp and stream it below!
21. Tribe Society released a smoke-filled video for their latest single “Smoke Out The Window”
This haze inducing video is the band’s second single off their mixtape We Sell Drugs which will be coming out in early 2017.
22. Swiss rockers Dreamshade release a new video for “Where My Heart Belongs,” taken from their new album Vibrant, which dropped Dec. 9.
The new video follows the band's short-form documentary, which takes listeners into the heart of the record. Watch the video, which premiered on New Noise now.
23. Everyone’s favorite Alaskan grunge-punk band The Modern Savage announced a new album, along with debuting a single.
Unwilling Participants will be coming out on January 27 but we've already gotten a taste of what the album will sound like with the debut of "Straight and Narrow." With a single this good, we're glad we don't have to wait very long to hear the whole thing.
The band also announced a string of California shows with The Garden and The Regrettes to kick off the new year. Check out the full list of cities and dates below:
24. Florida-based alt metal band Afterlife have signed to Stay Sick Recordings and released a video for the title track of their EP Vicious Cycle, set to drop Feb. 3.
"Vicious Cycle is an EP we are very excited to release to the world, since collectively over the past year, we have been building and sculpting what is now called Afterlife into what we believe is our most authentic form of music," singer Tyler Levenson said. “It touches base on real life issues like depression, betrayal, love and hate, realization, hope, and the many other feelings we deal with everyday."
Check out the full tracklisting for Vicious Cycle below: "Anthem"
"Pain and Pleasure"
25. Melbourne-based experimental rock band COPIA released their new single “Disconnected” along with a lyric video. Watch:
26. Treefort Music Fest taking place March 22-26 in Boise.
The Bouncing Souls, The Growlers, Mac DeMarco and more will be headlining the five-day fest. Tickets start at $165 and can be purchased here. See below for the rest of the first wave lineup.
27. Big Mother Gig have released their first single in twenty years, “Alvarado.” It’s a blend of punk, indie and alternative—what do you think?
Watch more: Emo Nite "Two Years Of Tears" - Two Year Anniversary RECAP