Welcome to AP's newest weekend feature, the RecAP. Similar to our weekday afternoon newsletter (Subscribe here!), we'll use this space every Saturday afternoon to take a look back at the most talked about news and features on Altpress.com over the past seven days. Miss something over the past week? This is a good place to start.
To get updates the quickest, follow us on twitter and Facebook. To buy the latest issue of AP, head to a newsstand near you or to our online store. If you don't fear commitment, you can subscribe to the mag here.
- The wife of Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell released a statement on the health of her husband
- MikeyWhiskeyHands, the hip-hop alter ego of Pierce The Veil drummer Mike Fuentes, signed to Velocity Records
- The Used continued to release songs from Vulnerable, including "Now That You're Dead" and "Put Me Out"
- Taking Back Sunday unviled a new video for "This Is All Now"
- More bands were added to the 2012 Vans Warped Tour, including All Time Low, Taking Back Sunday and Miss May I
- Fucked Up guitarist Mike Haliechuk took SXSW and like-minded festivals to task in a new essay
- Glass Cloud (ex-Of Mice & Men) released a pair of new songs
- Nokia is developing new technology that will help create tattoos that vibrate when your phone rings
- More sordid details emerged about the targeting of "emo" teenagers and LGBT people in Iraq
- Danny Worsnop had some interesting things to say onstage at South By So What?!
- Miss May I performed a new song live, "Hey Mister"
- Of Mice & Men vocalist Austin Carlile was hospitalized with a heart ailment
- Hands Like Houses, The Air I Breathe, My Ticket Home and Palisades were tapped for the Rise Records Tour
- The Story So Far released a new video for "Roam"
- Ex-The Academy Is... frontman William Beckett unveiled a bevy of solo plans for 2012
- The story of MTV's early days may be hitting the silver screen soon
- Christofer Drew and eatmewhileimhot! released a new video for "Judgment"
- A new study claimed that lawyers and accountants were the highest-paid members of a musicians' team
- A new essay challenged the common practice of five-dollar shows
We premiere new songs and albums on Altpress.com each week from both your favorite bands as well as up-and-coming acts. Here's what we streamed this week:
- I Hate Our Freedom, "Letterbomb"
- Balance And Composure, "Separation" (Acoustic)
- Young London, "Video Killed The Radio Star"
- Cherri Bomb, "Raw. Real."
If you prefer visuals, we premiere videos every week too! Here's what we unveiled over at APTV this week:
- The Menzingers, "1940s Fighter Jet"
- The Devil Wears Prada behind the scenes of the Dead Throne Tour
- The Story So Far, "States & Minds/Roam" (Live)
- Courage My Love, "Anchors Make Good Shoes"
- Create Avoid, "Gotham" (Live)
- The Waiting Room at Panda Studios Presents: Code Orange Kids
- The American Scene, "This Is Rebirth" (Live)
- Stick To Your Guns' Lyrical Explanations Part Three
- Troubled Coast, "I'm Still A Loner, Dottie" (Live)
Forever Came Calling, "The Office" (Live)
We also unveiled the latest AP Podcast earlier this month with guest Alex DeLeon of the Cab. In other iTunes news, our newest feature Time Capsule is now available for the iPad, with Sonny Moore (a.k.a. Skrillex) the first subject.
- We spoke to Yellowcard frontman Ryan Key from the studio as the band record their next album
- Orlando, FL twinkle daddies You Blew It! shared their third and final tour diary
- Tegan Quin gave us an update on the new Tegan And Sara record
- Black God took us through their their II EP track by track
- For our Lead this week we showcased 10 AP-centric performers we'd like to see on NBC's The Voice
At Altpress.com we post web-exclusive reviews of new releases throughout the week, as well as featured reviews from our magazine. Here's what got reviewed this week: