Welcome to AP's newest weekend feature, the RecAP. Similar to our weekday afternoon newsletter (Subscribe here!), we'll use this space every Saturday afternoon to take a look back at the most talked about news and features on Altpress.com over the past seven days. Miss something over the past week? This is a good place to start.
To get updates the quickest, follow us on twitter and Facebook. To buy the latest issue of AP, head to a newsstand near you or to our online store. If you don't fear commitment, you can subscribe to the mag here.
- I See Stars ran into some bus troubles in upstate New York; frontman Devin Oliver spoke to AP about it
- Sum 41's breakthrough All Killer No Filler will be getting the vinyl treatment
- Simple Plan released a new video for "Summer Paradise" feat. Sean Paul
- Under This Dawning was the latest band to join Fearless Records
- Vans Warped Tour announced a return to London
- Rise Records added Miami-based hardcore outfit Thick As Blood to their roster
- Streaming music giant Spotify announced an indefinite extension of their free listening period
- Weezer, Death Cab For Cutie, Manchester Orchestra and others were added to Cincinnati's Bunbury Festival
- All Time Low's Alex Gaskarth laid down a guest harmony for the new Yellowcard album
- Skrillex, the Wonder Years, the Story So Far and others were announced for Bamboozle's after parties
- New Found Glory guitarist Chad Gilbert will return to front Shai Hulud for the upcoming Revelation Records anniversary shows
- The All-American Rejects performed on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Al Barr of Dropkick Murphys used a homophobic slur in a promotional video; he later apologized for it
- Vocalist Brandon Bolmer and drummer Tanner Wayne left Chiodos; we asked you what the band should do next
- Rise Against, Lostprophets and eleven others were added to the Warped Tour lineup
- The Refused reunion train kept rolling, as the band announced an east coast tour
- Hot Water Music released a new song, "Drag My Body"
- Patrick Carney of the Black Keys had some choice words for Napster founder/Spotify board member Sean Parker
- Jamboree 2012 switched venues, returning to Headliners
- Black Veil Brides, Rise Against, Cherri Bomb and others were announced for the Avengers soundtrack
- Sleeping With Sirens frontman Kellin Quinn talked about the band's plans for the rest of 2012
- Tenacious D unveiled a new mini-film for "To Be The Best"
- The Used announced a headlining tour of the US and Canada
- A new essay challenged the ethos of Record Store Day
The Offspring finished recording their new album
We premiere new songs and albums on Altpress.com each week from both your favorite bands as well as up-and-coming acts. Here's what we streamed this week:
If you prefer visuals, we premiere videos every week too! Here's what we unveiled over at APTV this week:
- Failsafe, "Routines"
- The Menzingers, "Ruby" (Acoustic)
- Transit, "Asleep At The Wheel"
- Enter Shikari, "Gandhi Mate, Gandhi" (Live)
- Behind the scenes of Belle Histoire's new video
- Rise Against through the concert years, in Tim's own words
- The Sidekicks, "Good Things" (Acoustic)
- Anarbor, "Whiskey In Hell"
- Maniac, "Pride Of Lions"
- The Fake Boys, "Realest World"
- Stick To Your Guns' Lyrical Explanations, Part Four
- Cheap Girls, "Peacock" (Acoustic)
- Stick To Your Guns "Diamond" album preview
We also unveiled the latest AP Podcast earlier this month with guest Alex DeLeon of the Cab. In other iTunes news, our newest feature Time Capsule is now available for the iPad, with Sonny Moore (a.k.a. Skrillex) the first subject.
- We shared a bonus cut from the AP 286 cover story with Rise Against's Tim McIlrath
- John Baizley of Baroness told us about the band's upcoming third album
- Senses Fail frontman Buddy Nielsen talked to AP about the group's upcoming best-of collection
- Whitechapel shared an update from the Recorruptour
- I The Mighty took us through their new EP Karma Never Sleeps track by track
Our Lead this week was full of April Fool's tomfoolery from your favorite bands
At Altpress.com we post web-exclusive reviews of new releases throughout the week, as well as featured reviews from our magazine. Here's what got reviewed this week:
- Black Breath, Sentenced To Life
- Whirr, Pipe Dreams
- Rise And Fall, Faith
- Primitive Weapons, The Shadow Gallery
- Civil Twilight, Holy Weather