13. Against Me’s Laura Jane Grace is raising money for LGBT Books to Prisoners.
With the release of her memoir, Tranny: Confessions of Punk Rock’s Most Infamous Anarchist Sellout, Grace has teamed up with Gender is Over! (If You Want It), a not-for-profit project to raise money for LGBT Books to Prisoners.
From November 4 to 18 fans can donate to LGBT Books to Prisoners and be eligible to win one of five signed copies of Grace's book. All funds will be donated November 20, which is Transgender Day of Remembrance.
14. Exclusive: Warped Tour alum Beebs released a music video for “Eye Shine” feat. B.Lay.
Beebs had the following message to say about the song:
In these times when our world is so hectic, it is important to remember that our real power and joy comes from within. We can focus on the craziness that is happening but when we keep a positive outlook on our lives we create our reality. This is the title track off "Eye Shine" featuring b.LaY
Check out the song and video below.
15. UK alt-rockers Deaf Havana announced that their new record, All These Countless Nights, is set to drop Jan. 27 via SO Recordings/Caroline. The album is available for pre-order here, and they have three tracks, “Sing,” “Cassiopeia” and “Trigger,” available for download and streaming immediately. Check out the tracklisting for All These Countless Nights below:
1) Ashes, Ashes
6) Like a Ghost
7) Pretty Low
10) St. Paul's
12) Pensacola, 2013
16. The Japanese House released another new single this week, called “Good Side In.” Amber Bain, the mastermind behind the project, works with the 1975 to produce tracks. Have a listen:
17. Stranger Things fans rejoice—Funko! has created pop vinyl figures of characters from the beloved Netflix series. Now, many versions of Eleven, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will (and Upside Down Will), the Demogorgon and, of course, Barb can sit on your desk. Hurrah!
Check out photos of each character here.
18. Currently on tour with Evanescence, Veridia has released a creepy-cool video for their track “Still Breathing,” filmed in a haunted house in their hometown Nashville. Their full-length is scheduled for 2017.
19. Hailing from Columbus, Ohio, future-pop project Digisaurus—masterminded by artist and producer James Allison—released a new track, “I Don’t Feel Alright”—and it’s quite groovy. The act integrates art and music with technology and collaboration. Have a listen to “I Don’t Feel Alright,” featuring Fran Litterski, vocalist for Columbia Records' Magic Man:
20. Cherry Glazerr announced their awesomely-titled new album “Apocalipstick” with the release of a horror movie music video, directed by Roxanne Benjamin, who is also responsible for horror cult classics Southbound and V/H/S. Watch “Nurse Ratched,” inspired by Ken Kesey's One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest:
21. UK post-hardcore act Wars have signed to Spinefarm Records, part of Universal Music Group. Their new single, “That By Discord Things Increase,” is streaming below, and their Spinefarm debut, We Are Islands, After All, is set to release Jan. 27.
22. To fund their documentary, Bleeding Audio, the Matches are hosting a music showcase, which will feature Tom Higgenson of Plain White T’s and other local acts playing stripped down versions of their own songs, along with a cover of a song by the Matches. The showcase is to be held on Nov. 15 in San Francisco, and all funds from ticket sales will go to post-production costs.
23. Here’s something pretty interesting: The Lights Out will be the first band to release a record on a beer. As if that wasn’t enough, the band also wear synchronized LED light gear on stage. Yes, it’s real. Check out the details below.
Aeronaut Brewing Co. partnered with the band to drop the album T.R.I.P., which is about traveling through parallel dimensions, on an “Imperial Session IPA.” Instructions to get the album are on the beer can.
24. As if you needed another reason to try out a new beer, the Descendents have created a new 7.3% Coffee IPA called "Feel This." The band partnered with Mikkeller Brewery who brewed the beer with Hypercaffium Spazzinate coffee beans.
In case you didn't get the references, "Feel This" is a single from the Hypercaffium Spazzinate album. The beer makes it's debut at the San Diego Beer Fest but will also be sold in 25 states, along with a small portion being available on Mikkeller's website.