AP Street Teams
A local, fellow music lover, who is so badass that Alternative Press handpicked them to represent their company.
• Someone who is involved locally within their scene: The Alternative Reps AP&R pick of the month is...
• Someone who goes to shows and represents AP at a booth: Look how much fun those Alternative Reps are having working at the AP tent here at Warped Tour.
• Someone who understands promotion via social networks: I won a signed magazine from The Alternative Reps twitter!
Quotes From The Team:
"I want to say thank you for allowing me to participate with the AP Street Team. This December (2012) marks 5 years since it started, and it has honestly been the best experience I've ever had. Maybe to some people, being a part of a street team wouldn't be considered that important but I think it is. Over the years and many shows that I've worked, I've had the opportunity to meet so many great people. Every single person that I've worked with from the magazine has made such an impact my life. Before I started volunteering with AP, I would have only dreamed about the experienced I've had. Now that I have been [on the team for so long], it's honestly given me a taste of what it's like to work within the music industry. I feel like I have a better understanding of how things are and that's what I want to thank [AP] for! I can only hope that this opportunity can open other doors in my near future and I plan on being a part of this street team as long as you allow me!"
- Nicole Logan, Seattle Street Team Leader
Currently, most cities are full but send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to hold on to if anything frees up! Here's what you should include:
• A resume
• Which street team you would like to apply for. Don't see your city listed? Tell us which major city you would like to start a street team in. We're always looking to expand.
• Any promotional/street team work you have done in your past
• Ideas on how you would better the team if you were on it/if you started one in your city.
• Why you would make a great team member
(All applicants must be 17+ with reliable transportation, a professional work ethic who is outgoing and willing to talk to people.)