The ‘13 Reasons Why’ cast says farewell in the first look at the last season
The streaming service revealed that the new season is launching on June 5 giving closure to the various ongoing storylines left in the series.
The third season of the series left fans questioning what's coming next after finding out the character Alex murdered athlete and sexual predator Bryce. Another character, however, ends up taking the blame for Bryce's death with few people knowing Alex's secret.
Now, viewers are going to get their answers as the show is returning this summer.
13 Reasons Why edited a very graphic scene
The show is also linking to increases in teen suicides through numerous studies. In a study done by National Institutes of Health, researchers suggested that 13 Reasons Why is linked to a spike in teen suicide. A second study also shows a similar conclusion finding that months after the show’s launch the youth suicide rate for ages 10-19 rose unexpectedly by 13 percent.
Netflix released a statement in regards to the studies stating they were “looking into the research,” which they say conflicts with another study from the University Of Pennsylvania in which suicide rates dropped.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental illness, help is available. Please consider these online resources and talk to your doctor about your symptoms:
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline is 1-800-273-8255. You can also reach out to Crisis Text Line by texting GO to 741741.
- MentalHealth.gov – Get Immediate Help
- ImAlive – Online Crisis Network
- International Association For Suicide Prevention – Resources
- The Anxiety And Depression Association Of America
- The National Alliance On Mental Illness
- American Psychiatric Association – Finding Help
- National Institute Of Mental Health
- American Psychological Association – Psychologist locator
Are you planning on watching the final season of 13 Reasons Why? Let us know in the comments below.