20 neon pop-punk songs you probably forgot
If you ever wore a leopard print bikini top under a band t-shirt with the sleeves cut off to Warped Tour, you probably remember the era of neon pop-punk—the era that original emos will claim killed the scene as they knew it. The late 2000s and early 2010s brought in glowing synths and poppy melodies that shifted the entire definition of the genre, earning the moniker of "neon" to better describe the new wave.
Read more: 20 things you won’t believe happened in 2007
Do you remember all the words to these neon jams? Did we miss your favorite? Let us know in the comments.
1. "Bounce" - The Cab
2. "The City Is At War" - Cobra Starship
3. "Homecoming" - Hey Monday
4. "Whoa Oh (Me vs Everyone)" Forever The Sickest Kids
5. "Drop The Girl" - Hit The Lights
6. "Seventeen Forever" - Metro Station
7. "Dakota" - A Rocket To The Moon
8. "Beauty In The Breakdown" - The Scene Aesthetic
9. "Boys You Do (Get Back At You)" - The Summer Set
10. "No One Can Touch Us" - Sing It Loud