‘Blade’ original actor praises Marvel reboot, tells fans to “chillaaxx”
The finale announcement of Blade with no release date was one of the biggest surprises of the night.It was an unexpected moment that had fans wondering where the film would fit into the series.
Then, we learned that it might be the beginning for Marvel’s planned Phase 5, Feige revealed.
“It is the complete Phase Four the way I announced the complete Phase Three five years ago—things can move, things can change as they did if you go back and look at what we talked about five years ago for Phase Three, but we’ve been working on this for quite a while and it’s pretty set. But there are always changes possible,” he said to Collider.
It’s unclear whether it will be a part of Phase 5, or something else entirely, but we won’t know for sure until 2022 at the earliest.
The announcement was met with some mixed reactions from people online. However, the original star of the 1998 original Wesley Snipes said he’s “all good” with the reboot taking place without him.
“To all the DAYWALKERS losing their minds right now, chillaaxx,” Snipes said in a statement given to Entertainment Weekly. “Although the news comes as a surprise, it’s ALL GOOD. Such is the ‘business’ of ‘entertainment!’ Much peace to the MCU crew – always a fan. Honor and respect to the grandmaster Stan. Congratulations and Salaam to Mahershala Ali, a beautiful and talented artist whose expressions I look forward to experiencing for many years to come. Inshallah, we will someday work together. Most importantly to my loyal fans, the incredible outpouring of love is overwhelming. I am grateful for the never-ending support. So, ‘nah fret nah worry, it’s not de end of de story.’ Welcome to the Daywalker Klique.”
Snipes has previously expressed interest in wanting to do another movie, so that’s why it was met with a bit of pushback.
More Marvel news
Marvel Studios kicked off their panel with a montage of old movies, confirming the end of The Infinity Saga.You can see that below.
The Eternals slated to hit theaters Nov. 6, 2020.
The cast will include Angelina Jolie, Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, Lauren Ridloff, Brian Tyree Henry, Salma Hayek, Lia McHugh and Don Lee. It will be directed by Chloé Zhao.
Some original series coming to the highly anticipated Disney+ service were also announced, including The Falcon And The Winter Soldier. The series will star Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan and Daniel Brühl and will hit the streaming service fall 2020.
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings featuring Simu Liu, Awkwafina and Tony Leung, directed by Destin Daniel Cretton.
Read more: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ star visited by Marvel Security after Instagram post
Continuing with the unveiling of original Disney+ series, WandaVision is announced with Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany and Teyonah Parris. This one hits streaming spring 2021.Tom Hiddleston will make a return to the MCU with the Disney+ series Loki hitting the service spring 2021.
Are you keeping up so far?Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will hit theaters May 7, 2021. Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen will make their return, as well as director Scott Derrickson.
What If…? will be hitting Disney+ in summer 2021. Many actors and actresses across the MCU are expected to reprise their roles as voice talent.
Hawkeyecoming to the streaming service fall 2021. The series will also introduce Kate Bishop.
After leaked set photos and videos, Marvel finally confirmed the highly anticipated Black Widow with Scarlett Johansson, David Harbour, Florence Pugh, O-T Fagbenle, and Rachel Weisz. Cate Shortland is directing the film which we can see starting May 1, 2020.According to those who saw the leaked footage, the villain in the film will be Taskmaster. Stranger Things’ David Harbour also took the stage to reveal he would be making an appearance in the film!
What do you think of the actor’s response? Sound off in the comments down below!
See more: The 10 most metal cartoon characters