Back in April, Matthew David Hughes broke into Eminem's Michigan home.

Now, the Clinton Township police officer involved in the incident has testified in court about what happened.

Read more: ‘Ghost Adventures’ host now owns John Wayne Gacy’s clown self-portrait

On Apr. 5, Hughes managed to sneak by the security cameras outside of Eminem's home. Once inside, Hughes came face-to-face with the rapper in his living room. Eminem, born Marshall Mathers, initially stated that he first thought Hughes was his nephew, but soon realized he was a stranger.

Following the incident, Hughes was arrested and now Clinton Township police officer Adam Hackstock has testified in court. According to the Detroit Free Press, Hughes admitted to Eminem that he was "there to kill him."

“When Mr. Mathers asked him why he was there, he was told by Mr. Hughes that he was there to kill him,” Hackstock said in his testimony.

Since the incident, Hughes has been in custody and charged with first-degree home invasion and malicious destruction of property. On Wednesday, he appeared in court in a prison jumpsuit and shackles.

Read more: Hear Motionless In White transform this classic song from The Killers

Judge Jacob Femminineo Jr. found that there is probable cause and the case is moving forward to a trial. Hughes' arraignment in Macomb County Circuit Court is on Sept. 28. Eminem was not present in court on Wednesday. However, his lawyer watched the proceedings via video.

Once Eminem realized there was an intruder in his home, he escorted Hughes through a TV area, game room and basketball court to exit the house. According to Hackstock, Hughes did not have a weapon and the officer spoke with Eminem for more than an hour after Hughes was detained.

Hackstock further testified that he arrived at Eminem's home in the gated Clinton Township community to find a security guard wrestling with Hughes on the ground. According to the testimony, Hughes said he was a "friend" of Eminem's and lived in the area.

Security footage showed that Hughes first rang the doorbell. However, after getting no response, he busted a window with a brick to gain entry. Clinton Township Det. Dan Quinn testified that security footage showed Hughes on the premises for "quite some time" before climbing through the broken window.

Read more: Los Angeles just banned a major part of Halloween for 2020

Hughes is being held on a $50,000 cash bond and Prosecutor Paul Bukowski told the court that Hughes is apparently homeless. Hughes' attorney Richard Glanda believes mental illness is a factor in this case.

“In my opinion, I think there’s some sort of mental issues involved here,” Glanda said on Wednesday.

Did you know Eminem faced a home invader this year? Let us know in the comments below.