Any band with a decent screenprinter and a bulk order of American Apparel tees can make a T-shirt. Don’t get me wrong: We here at AP love a good band shirt, but there’s something extra special about bands that go a bit further with their merch. From hot sauce and BBQ sauce to ponchos and onesies (sorry, Murder By Death—I mean “party suits”), here are 28 bands who are doing the merch thing right.
Tell us about any non-traditional band merch you’ve seen in the comments below.
1. The Acacia Strain – Ninja Turtles lunchbox and thermos
2. Alkaline Trio – Heartskull coaster
3. All Time Low – UNKLE UNIPO figurines
4. Breathe Carolina – Savages lighter
5. Bring Me The Horizon – Bring Me The BBQ Sauce
6. Candy Hearts – The Best Way To Drink A Beer koozie
7. Chunk! No, Captain Chunk! – Pardon My French red foam finger
8. A Day To Remember – poncho
9. Descendents – mug bundle
10. The Early November – In Currents book and LP
11. Fall Out Boy – nesting dolls
12. Hellogoodbye – Debate Team flag pennant
13. Masked Intruder – ski mask
14. The Maine – Roads book