5. Brynhildr In The Darkness’ “Virtue And Vice” by Fear, And Loathing In Las Vegas
The band Fear, And Loathing In Las Vegas are all over anime. Their songs have been themes for more than a handful of shows, and there’s a reason why: This song is a metal dance party. It’s the perfect balance of electronica (which is very popular amongst anime themes) and metal.
4. Parasyte’s “Let Me Hear” by Fear, And Loathing In Las Vegas
If you weren’t convinced about this band, just recognize the fact that this music video has over 15.5 million views.
3. Berserk’s “Inferno” by 9mm Parabellum Bullet
Berserk is one of the most popular animes in America. That being said, it’s no wonder this show has such a standout theme song. This is the song to listen to if you want some shredding.
2. Watamote’s “Watashi Ga Motenai No Wa Dou Kangaete Mo Omaera Ga Warui” by Kiba Of Akiba (“No Matter How You Look At It, It’s Your Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular”)
Watamote’s theme song is essentially the epitome of what an anime theme song should be. It’s hard, it’s catchy, it has both male and female clean vocals, and even some electronica and jazz thrown in there. Most importantly, the lead guitarist totally owns this song.
1. Death Note’s “What’s Up, People?” by Maximum The Hormone
This most definitely was not a surprise. It’s pretty much impossible to beat Death Note at anything, including its theme song. “What’s Up, People?” is a rager.
Agree? Disagree? Sound off in the comments.