Some songs are perfect just the way they are, but that doesn’t stop other musicians from adding their own twist to the mix. And that includes EDM artists. Of course, some EDM remixes aren’t the greatest, but we’ll admit that others are sort of… fun. And dancey. Here are 22 EDM remixes of favorite songs from the scene.
1. Slof Man’s remix of Paramore’s “crushcrushcrush”
*Wub wub wub*
2. Tomsize’s remix of twenty one pilots’ “Stressed Out”
Tomsize added some flair to give “Stressed Out” more of a build and a bass drop.
3. Two Friends’ remix of blink-182’s “I Miss You”
“I Miss You” isn’t the obvious choice for an EDM cover, but Two Friends did it anyway.
4. Kasum’s remix of Yellowcard’s “Ocean Avenue”
Electric drums and “whooshing” sounds abound in this cover.
5. Krewella’s remix of Fall Out Boy’s “Alone Together”
The heaviness of Slipknot’s song lends itself well to some added bass.
7. Calvin Harris’ remix of the Killers’ “When You Were Young”
With this cover, the song is unrecognizable until you hit the lyrics.
8. Mapps’ remix of Sleeping With Sirens’ “If You Can’t Hang”
A little more low-key, this remix keeps the SWS song chill.
9. 8-bit cover of Beartooth’s “Aggressive”
I mean, why not?
10. Steve Aoki’s remix of My Chemical Romance’s “Welcome To The Black Parade”
Steve Aoki is constantly remixing songs by artists such as blink-182, Walk The Moon and Good Charlotte, but his remix of MCR’s song, in honor of its 10-year anniversary, stands out as a nice tribute.
Some wubs thrown in on this one.
11. 11 November’s remix of PVRIS’ “White Noise”
This remix actually brings the energy down on “White Noise,” making it a slower-sounding song.