Like many, Dance Gavin Dance have that one song they truly connect with and could even say actually saved their life. For the band, that track is Third Eye Blind’s “Semi-Charmed Life.”
DGD covered the iconic ’90s single for Hopeless Records’ Songs That Saved My Life compilation, and they’re partnering with AP to bring fans an exclusive first listen.
Songs That Saved My Life is Hopeless Records and their nonprofit organization’s Sub City compilation to benefit mental health and suicide prevention organizations.
Crisis Text Line, Hope For The Day, The Trevor Project and To Write Love On Her Arms are among the organizations who will benefit from the compilation.
Dance Gavin Dance are joined by the Maine, Taking Back Sunday, Movements, Stand Atlantic, Neck Deep, Against Me! and more on the compilation.
Neck Deep were the first from the compilation to release their cover of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn.” The shot-by-shot remake of the video was even approved by Imbruglia herself.
Check out Dance Gavin Dance’s cover below along with the full tracklisting for Songs That Saved My Life
1. Neck Deep – “Torn” (Natalie Imbruglia)
2. Movements – “Losing My Religion” (R.E.M.)
3. Stand Atlantic – “Your Graduation” (Modern Baseball)
4. Dance Gavin Dance – “Semi-Charmed Life” (Third Eye Blind)
5. Against Me! – “People Who Died” (The Jim Carroll Band)
6. Taking Back Sunday – “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” (Smashing Pumpkins)
7. Dream State – “Crawling” (Linkin Park)
8. As It Is – “Such Great Heights” (The Postal Service)
9. Oceans Ate Alaska – “Shape Of My Heart” (Sting)
10. Too Close To Touch – “Let It Be” (The Beatles)
11. Dan Campbell & Ace Enders – “Broom People” (The Mountain Goats)
12. The Maine – “Transatlanticism” (Death Cab For Cutie)
The “Semi-Charmed Life” cover will be available on streaming services Nov. 5.
Songs That Saved My Life drops Nov. 9, and it’s available for preorder here.
DGD frontman Tilian Pearson appears on this month’s AP, which is on sale now