11 memes that prove we’re ready for ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’
There are some good times on the horizon.March 19, 2020
Could fans be any more ready for Animal Crossing: New Horizons? Announced back in 2018, the new installment in the 19-year-old series has evolved for 2020 to include gender-neutral customizations, new tools and even more fun pieces of furniture and decor—and that’s just a portion of the fresh features.
Looking at the current state of the world around us, the release comes at the perfect time for players to stay inside, charge up their Joy Cons and begin to explore a virtual world surrounded by old friends such as Isabelle and Tom Nook.
With only one day left until the game is available on Nintendo Switch, our patience is wearing thin. It may be hard to believe only about seven years have passed since Nintendo released Animal Crossing: New Leaf for Nintendo 3DS. Let’s face it: Pocket Camp couldn’t hold our interest once New Horizons confirmed its release date. The wait is nearly over, but until then, let’s take a look at some of the best memes to describe how all AC enthusiasts are feeling during this final stretch.
1. The perfect representation of feeling so close yet so far to the release
— tillie (@completepancake) February 20, 2020
2. When the froggy chair is actually our current mood
How imma be when Animal Crossing come out next week pic.twitter.com/lwJNd3BEAn
— Oddwin (@TheOddwin) March 13, 2020
3. The Mean Girls crossover we didn’t know we needed (until now)
Me talking to all my IRL friends and family about Animal Crossing constantly pic.twitter.com/lZS2ILfE2V
— chadder’s bidet (@andicrossing) March 14, 2020
4. How we’ll feel as soon as we submit our payment information in the Nintendo eShop
me getting animal crossing on march 20th pic.twitter.com/7WD0RSxe3b
— ???? ☀️?? (@cuteghosts) March 13, 2020
5. Did we mention how eerie the release timing is?
6. Perhaps the only downside to starting the game is the amount of digital debt we’ll be on the hook for
7. It’s all worth it once you start befriending your new neighbors
Me when my villagers in animal crossing call me a fashionista pic.twitter.com/TNLkDQsfKk
— animal crossing ? (@acuteleaf) March 17, 2020
8. Isabelle will keep us looking for the bright side
9. Even the smallest of new features have us stoked!
10. Don’t mind us if we get emotional even thinking about it…
Thinking about animal crossing new horizons pic.twitter.com/Y1zBoI8uHA
— animal crossing ? (@acuteleaf) March 16, 2020
11. Did we mention the froggy chair?
im excited for animal crossing, 1,000,000 frog chairs pic.twitter.com/q6HkLK6cEe
— Pukicho (@pukicho) March 16, 2020
What are you most excited to see in Animal Crossing: New Horizons? Let us know in the comments below!