She made us wait four years but Melanie Martinez is back with a bang for her new album K-12. The album also features an accompanying film of the same name.
The album itself tackles a variety of issues affecting everyday people in this fucked up world. Her social consciousness coupled with her creativity combines to create a fascinating look into a myriad of issues, and fans love it.
1. It’s simple as this. Too many words are unnecessary.
— НЕкто (@low_cat666) September 6, 2019
2. This praise is coming from The Duke himself. (Not really but that’d be cool).
— John Wayne (@JohnWayne4499) September 6, 2019
3. Louder for the people in the back!
— Love❤Support Melanie Martinez (@LoveSupportMel) September 6, 2019
4. Some people are already distraught about the wait for the next album.
— rach? (@_rashellll) September 6, 2019
5. Hopefully, it’s not that long of a wait.
— ñ (@putonginamag) September 6, 2019
6. Martinez tackles some very tough topics.
Melanie Martinez is truly one of the most talented person on this planet earth. She covered topics that no artists would ever dare to tackle: ED, Pedophilia, SA, etc. She put her entire reputation at risk in order to deliver her heart and art. #K12Movie ?https://t.co/bq9FHMTxi7
— EP #KThrough12 (@universe3007) September 6, 2019
7. And fans are loving it.
— citrusfairie (@citrusfairie) September 6, 2019
8. From public education…
#K12Movie is one of the most beautiful and original things I’ve ever seen. Melanie Martinez is an amazing artist and I think she summed up the errors of public education so beautifully. I’m bout to be bumping this shit in my car 24/7 pic.twitter.com/ck3PZXK9fF
— Ashton Dickson (@Ashton25Dickson) September 6, 2019
9. …to transphobia
this is happening right now to the trans community.
i love how melanie martinez include this kind of topic in her K-12 movie. pic.twitter.com/q897V2nFCt
— Francis Mondragon (@francisyuuuh) September 6, 2019
10. Fans are genuinely so grateful.
— ᵉʳᵇᵉᵃʳ (@wheresmypapaya) September 6, 2019
11. She’s lifting us up to something better.
melanie martinez did it again. with not only an amazing album but a film that has talked about things people are afraid to address. so empowering and so uplifting. — stop telling women how to dress. fuck toxic masculinity. fuck lunchbox friends. #K12Movie pic.twitter.com/9dfIbVd8SK
— URL BADMAN (@emblemrem) September 6, 2019
12. And telling it like it is with no remorse.
K-12 was a serve Like Melanie Martinez you did it again Queen pic.twitter.com/VheKMwbNUm
— Kate Denson (@katemain4life) September 6, 2019
13. People are happy the album is a heater.
— hoelyasfuck✨ (@lowhoe99) September 6, 2019
14. But emotional with how heavy it is.
— Diego Velasco (@diegovelasco_j) September 6, 2019
15. Fans are evening referencing Ariana Grande
— leo | stream K-12 (@petschvogue) September 6, 2019
16. We can all definitely agree on one thing we’re happy about…
— johnsbanana?️? (@hermione_dim) September 6, 2019