It’s finally October, which means you have less than a month to figure out your costume, binge-watch scary movies and do all of the things that make Halloween the best holiday of the year. There are many different ways to express your love for the spooky season, one being a viral dance to “Spooky Scary Skeletons” that’s circulating TikTok.
If you’re familiar with the app, you know that many users often participate in viral trends where they use the same audio or visual effects to make their own hysterical version of a meme. The social media platform is basically the new version of Vine, except most of its users make their videos lip-syncing to their favorite songs or audio clips.
One particular trend that’s been making its way around TikTok ever since school started and pumpkins started showing up in stores is the “spooky season dance.”
This viral trend was started by popular user Boomer Bradshaw, @minecrafter2011. It involves the person learning a dance he created to the song “Spooky Scary Skeletons.” You can see the original video that started it all below.
While it looks pretty intense, many people have slowed down the dance so other people could learn the steps. The dance is fast-paced and involves a lot of synchronized movements, but once you learn it, you will never be able to stop busting it out whenever you hear this song. You can see a tutorial for the dance below.
Since the original video has made its way across TikTok, many people have recreated it with their own hilarious spins. You can see 10 of the best videos recreating the spooky dance below.
1. This person who proved you can still bust a move while wearing gigantic heels if you try hard enough
2. An amazing animation of an actual skeleton perfectly doing the iconic dance
3. This skit that’s an accurate representation of what we would look like if someone played this song at a club
4. This person who not only did an amazing version of the dance but got into the spooky spirit as Scream’s Ghostface
5. This user who wasn’t going to hold back and gave 110% in her rendition of the dance
Read more: 11 times TikTok videos captured the scene
6. When this user definitely nailed the dance but also freaked us out with the creepy mask they wore while doing it
7. This trio who not only nailed every move while wearing Halloween-themed makeup but also created a spooky vibe by filming their video outside at night during a storm
8. This guy who transformed himself into a glow-in-the-dark skeleton to make a perfect version of the Halloween dance
9. This person who dressed the part head to toe and perfectly recreated all of the moves
10. This person who didn’t let his summery environment stop him from getting in the fall spirit with his dance video
Now, you can jam out to “Spooky Scary Skeletons” in full and try to learn the dance for yourself. What do you think of these TikToks of people doing the dance to “Spooky Scary Skeletons”? Sound off in the comments below!