A lot happens in our scene each day. In an attempt to capture what you might've missed, we gather up noteworthy moments and package them in one convenient post. Check out today's recap below!
1. Congress passed legislation outlawing ticket bots.
The AP reported that legislation was passed by voice vote in the House on Wednesday, which will crack down on computer software used by some ticket brokers to snap up tickets. The “bots” are able to obtain thousands of tickets in mere seconds, and those tickets are then sold for an massive markup on third-party sites.
The bill would make using the software an “unfair and deceptive practice” under the Federal Trade Commission Act, which would allow the FTC to pursue those cases in court.
2. At The Drive-In announced a new tour for March of next year.
Yesterday, the band ended their nearly two-decade drought of new music by releasing “Governed By Contagions.” Listen to the track here, and check out their full list of tour dates below!
March 20: Washington, DC—9:30 Club
March 22: New York, NY—Terminal 5
March 25: Boston, MA—House Of Blues
March 27: Detroit, MI—The Fillmore
March 29: Toronto, ON—Rebel
3. LA four-piece The Regrettes announced their debut album, Feel Your Feelings Fool!, set to release on Jan. 13 via Warner Bros. Records. Get a taste of the band with their cover of “Marshmallow World” below!
The band are also gearing up for a tour with Cherry Glazerr. That cover will be available on 7 in. vinyl for Record Store Day. Led by outspoken frontwoman, Lydia Night, the Regrettes are Genessa Gariano on guitar, Sage Chavis on bass and drummer Maxx Morando
Dec 28th – Santa Barbara CA – Velvet Jones – w/ Cherry Glazerr
Dec 29th – Pomona CA – The Glass House – w/ Cherry Glazerr
Jan 13th – Los Angeles CA – Album Release Show @ The Echo
Feb 18th – San Diego CA – You Are Going 2 Hate This Fest (w/ The Frights) – SOMA
Feb 25th – San Francisco CA – Noise Pop Festival – w/ The Chapel The Frights + The Garden
4. Versus have signed to Revival Recordings in partnership with Outerloop Group. To celebrate, check out the band’s music video for “No Safety”:
“Revival Recordings is proud to announce the signing of Versus. The band embodies everything that we love; passionate songs, energetic live show, and lyrics with a purpose, with a message. It is time to join the movement,” Shawn Milke of Revival says.
5. Former Alt Press editors Matt Crane and Tyler Sharp are launching a new podcast, Note To Scene.
Set to start in January, the new podcast will be a heavily opinionated, weekly show discussing and analyzing all the news in the music scene, covering everything from pop-punk to metalcore. Check it out on Soundcloud here.
6. Lastly, end your week with arguably the best crowd Mannequin Challenge from Artery Recordings’ Wildways. Watch:
Watch more: Mike Cortada talks designing the scene’s biggest album covers