[Photo: Euan Cherry/WENN.com]

BBC Three has announced a new documentary, titled Manchester Bomb: The Girls’ Story, which intends to document the stories of the women who survived the terror attack at Manchester Arena last May.

Read more: Manchester terror attack could have been prevented, according to reports



As NME reports, the documentary will follow the “psychological impact of the bombing on the lives of the young women, ages 11 to 28, who survived the attack, along with the subsequent effect on their family and friends.”

The source reports that the BBC has been filming over the last six months, tracing the women as they attend medical appointments and counseling following the devastating event that left the suicide bomber and 22 others dead at an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena.

“I feel so privileged to have been filming with these girls. No-one can truly understand what they and their families have been through but I hope this documentary can give some insight and show the strength of these girls at such a difficult time in their lives,” director Lizzie Kempton said on the documentary, NME shares.

According to reports that surfaced late last year, the terror attack at Manchester Arena could have potentially been prevented.

The new report found that the MI5 security agency had received intelligence “not appreciated at the time” on Salman Abedi—which means that the attack could have potentially been prevented if MI5 had taken the appropriate action.

According to The Guardian, just weeks before the Manchester attack, Abedi was identified as “one of a small number of individuals, out of a total of more than 20,000 closed SOIs [subjects of interest], who merited further examination,” but the meeting to further discuss his investigation was not scheduled until May 31, after the attack took place.

“It is conceivable that the Manchester attacks in particular might have been averted had the cards fallen differently,” MI5 said on the attack, Home Secretary Amber Rudd shared.

Following the attack, the world responded with an outpouring of love and support for the victims and their families. Bands including the 1975MetallicaTwenty One Pilots and more paid tribute to those lives lost in the act of senseless violence.

Grande herself hosted the “One Love Manchester” event that raised over “$2.6 million in donations over a three-hour period for a special fund” that specifically assists victims of the attack.