A lot happens in the scene each day. In an attempt to capture what you might've missed, we gather up noteworthy moments and package them in one convenient post. Check out today's recap below!
1. Martin Shkreli is a pharmaceutical company CEO who was in the news last year for increasing the price of Daraprim—used to treat AIDS and cancer patients—from $13.50 to $750 per tablet. Today, Shkreli made headlines again after Donald Trump won the U.S. presidential election.
The CEO bought Wu-Tang Clan's previously unreleased, one-of-a-kind album Once Upon A Time In Shaolin for two million dollars. Shkreli recently promised that if Trump won the election, he would release the previously unheard Wu-Tang Clan music.
Well, he kept his promise. Check out the clips below (via Pitchfork).
Once Upon A Time In Shaolin was recorded over the course of six years, pressed in 2014 and stored in a secret vault until 2015.
2. The Maine unveiled the second episode of their web series Miserable Youth, which chronicles the creation of their new album—a follow-up to 2015's American Candy. Watch it below:
Catch the first episode here.
3. Four Year Strong announced the first leg of their world tour celebrating the tenth anniversary of Rise Or Die Trying. Check out the dates—in UK and Europe—and a statement from the band below.
In the tweet, they promise many more to announce. Four Year Strong released Rise Or Die Trying—their second studio album—in September 2007.
4. All Time Low announced support for their upcoming UK/Ireland tour—SWMRS, the newly signed Fueled By Ramen California punk outfit, who just re-released their debut album, Drive North. See the dates in the awesome tour poster below.
5. Highly Suspect leaked their new song, "Viper Strike," to protest today's election results. Listen and see a statement from the band:
"In light of today's events we think it's appropriate to leak this song. Remember to love each other in this time. We call upon you to help those who are suffering and protect the rights of our fellow human beings that have worked so hard to get them. We always have and always will fight for equality, in whatever capacity we can. Count your blessings and show no fear. This song is called 'Viper Strike'. It is not for the faint of heart. MCID" - Johnny
Highly Suspect's new album, The Boy Who Died Wolf, arrives Nov. 18 via 300.
Watch more: 10 Things You Didn't Know: SIMPLE PLAN