Facebook has launched a 2012 Year In Review site where they present the top Facebook Stories of 2012, including the most popular songs, memes, public figures, books and more. They also narrow down the trends by country. Here are some of the music and pop-culture-related highlights.
Most listened songs (by app plays):
1. We Are Young – feat. Janelle Monáe – Fun
2. Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye
3. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
4. What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
5. Payphone – Maroon 5
Memes (by mentions):
1. TBH (To Be Honest)
2. YOLO (You Only Live Once)
4. One-word Comment
5. Gangnam Style
Most Read Books:
1. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) – Suzanne Collins
2. Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) – Suzanne Collins
3. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) – Suzanne Collins
4. Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) -E.L. James
5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) – J.K. Rowling
Most watched movies:
The Hunger Games
Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2
Facebook's Year In Review extends also to individuals. You can see the highlights of your own year by going to Facebook.com/YearInReview.
AP's most popular Facebook post this year?
When some sneaky, leaky someone-or-other posted our our fall tour lineup before we had announced it ourselves, we decided to take matters into our mittens with this AP Happy Tour 2012 “lineup announcement.” Ah, good ol' Unicorn Parade, The Gigglebites, Twisted Nutsack and Catpug.