[Photo credit: YouTube]
YouTube is a great and wonderful tool with one annoying flaw. Unless you have YouTube Red, using your phone while enjoying your favorite jam is impossible-or so we thought.
Find out the loophole to enjoying YouTube playback while still being able to use your phone!
If you're like me, you have those select few jams that you like to put on repeat but can't seem to find anywhere other than YouTube. While I don't mind having the app open in order to enjoy my favorite cuts and remixes, the inability to use my phone is a bit irritating. It seems like we may have another option to gain the perk of YouTube Red without paying the price. Check out the handy how-to below!
For Android Users:
1. Open up www.youtube.com in your browser.
2. Hit the three dot menu in the upper right corner. Towards the bottom of the list will be a “Request desktop site option” – tap it to turn it on.
3. Pick the song you want to play. Accept any popups asking for permission for YouTube to send you notifications.
4. Once the song is playing, you can leave your Chrome app running in the background. The playback may stop at first, but have no fear. You can control the track via your notifications menu!
For iOS Users:
1. If you don't use it already, you'll have to download the Dolphin Web Browser app – don't worry, it's free!
2. Open www.youtube.com in Dolphin.
3. Find the track you want to listen to, press play, then leave the page.
4. You'll then be able to control playback from your phone's iOS Control Center. Added bonus? You can even control the track from your phone's lock screen!
Now that you can enjoy YouTube without having to keep the video up, what will you be including on your playlists? Let us know in the comments below.