Metallica were recently named the world’s biggest all-time touring act by Pollstar and they’re not done yet. The legendary rock icons will exclusively headline all five of the Danny Wimmer Presents hard rock festivals in 2020.
This is an unprecedented collaboration that has never occurred for a promoter or band. The five festival dates and locations are below.
- Epicenter (May 1-3) at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
- Welcome To Rockville (May 8-10) at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
- Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival (May 15-17) at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH
- Louder Than Life (Sep. 18-20) at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY
- Aftershock (Oct. 9-11) at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA
These are the only festivals Metallica is performing at in the United States in 2020. Thee two unique setlists at each festival will be entirely different than the other festivals. This means that there will essentially be 10 different shows.
“Metallica isn’t just another headliner. When Metallica takes the stage, it’s an event. It’s an experience. That’s the same standard we’ve set for every DWP festival – from the first band to the last band, and everything that happens in between. I can’t wait to bring the biggest band in the world to the biggest rock festivals in America,” says Danny Wimmer, founder of Danny Wimmer Presents.
Tickets for Fan Club members and for past purchasers of tickets for Danny Wimmer Presents events go on sale today. The general public on-sale begins Oct. 14 at 9:00 AM PT / Noon ET. Tickets are available at www.MetallicaXX.com or the Epicenter, Welcome To Rockville, Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival, Louder Than Life and Aftershock websites.
For each ticket sold through November 19, Danny Wimmer Presents will donate 25 cents to Metallica’s All Within My Hands Foundation.