An ingenious group of folks on YouTube recently decided to give the emos something truly extraordinary. Three people by the names of Jared Dines, Vince Mindas and Austin Dickey covered 10 pop-punk classics as different genres.
The video includes emo bangers such as Fall Out Boy’s “Sugar, We’re Going Down” as an acoustic crooner, Paramore’s “Misery Business” as a gospel hymn, My Chemical Romance’s “Ghost Of You” as a hair-metal bopper and Panic! At The Disco’s “I Write Sins, Not Tragedies” as a rap ode.
- Fall Out Boy, “Sugar We’re Going Down” — Acoustic
- Paramore, “Misery Business” — Gospel
- My Chemical Romance, “Ghost Of You” — 80s Arena Rock
- AFI, “Miss Murder” — Punk
- Panic! At The Disco, “I Write Sins, Not Tragedies” — Rap
- Story Of The Year, “Until The Day I Die” — Reggae
- The Killers, “Mr. Brightside” — Country
- The Used, “The Taste Of Ink” — 80s Pop/Dance
- Hawthorne Heights, “Ohio Is For Lovers” — Cinematic
- Taking Back Sunday, “MakeDamnSure” — Metal
On the video, Dines shouts out his cover partners and breaks down how the trio assigned parts.
“Big thanks to my friends Vince Mindas and Austin Dickey for allowing this video to happen,” the Youtuber says in the video’s description. “I hope you enjoyed watching it as much as we enjoyed filming it. I wrote and recorded all the instrumentation used in this video along with performing some vocals, Vince sang for most of the sections and Austin did vocals as well!”
You can watch the impeccable video below.
Which was your favorite rendition of the classic emo bangers in the video? Sound off in the comments below.