Neck Deep dropped a video for their cover of Natalie Imbruglia’s “Torn” with a shot-for-shot remake of the original video.
The track is taken from Songs That Saved My Life, Hopeless Records and their non-profit organization’s Sub City compilation to benefit mental health and suicide prevention organizations.
Crisis Text Line, Hope For The Day, The Trevor Project, and To Write Love On Her Arms are among the organizations who will benefit from the compilation.
As far as why Neck Deep covered Imbruglia’s classic, frontman Ben Barlow knew it was a perfect fit.
“This song is a classic for a lot people; it’s actually one of my girlfriend’s favorite songs ever, so we’ve listened to it a lot,” Barlow says. “It clicked that we could cover it one day when we were on tour, eating somewhere and it came on the radio. We started singing along and quickly realized this would make an awesome cover, once we’d ‘ND’d’ it.”
The band returned to work with creative duo Our World Is Grey, who recently produced their video for “Don’t Wait.”
“Once again we teamed up with our buddies at [Our World Is Grey and aimed to recreate the original video, but with a ND twist,” Barlow says. “It also features some cameos from some of our closest friends in the ND unit! It was a lot of fun being able to cover such a well-known song. Shooting the video was a breeze and as always the OWIG team nailed it.”
Neck Deep are joined by the Maine, Taking Back Sunday, Movements, Dance Gavin Dance, Against Me! and more on the compilation. You can view the full track listing below.
1. Neck Deep – “Torn” (Natalie Imbruglia)
2. Movements – “Losing My Religion” (R.E.M.)
3. Stand Atlantic – “Your Graduation” (Modern Baseball)
4. Dance Gavin Dance – “Semi Charmed Life” (Third Eye Blind)
5. Against Me! – “People Who Died” (The Jim Carroll Band)
6. Taking Back Sunday – “Bullet With Butterfly Wings” (Smashing
7. Dream State – “Crawling” (Linkin Park)
8. As It Is – “Such Great Heights” (The Postal Service)
9. Oceans Ate Alaska – “Shape Of My Heart” (Sting)
10. Too Close To Touch – “Let It Be” (The Beatles)
11. Dan Campbell & Ace Enders – “Broom People” (The Mountain
12. The Maine – “Transatlanticism” (Death Cab For Cutie)
The album will be available Nov. 9, and it is available for preorder here.
Check out Neck Deep’s cover below.