nothing,nowhere. have canceled their planned summer 2018 tour dates. Citing mental health issues, a Twitter post from nothing,nowhere. mastermind Joe Mulherin revealed the sudden cancellation on Monday evening, July 30. Read it below.
Read more: Hear Interpol’s raw new song “Number 10”
“our tour is cancelled,” the statement reads. “i’ve been battling severe anxiety and depression and decided the best option is to leave for a while and seek professional help i’m sorry,” he added. “see you soon when i am feeling better.”
our tour is cancelled
i’ve been battling severe
anxiety and depression
and decided the best option
is to leave for a while
and seek professional help
see you soon when i am feeling better.
— nothing,nowhere. (@nothingnowhere) July 30, 2018
nothing,nowhere. had a full docket of tour dates lined up, including a summer tour with support from Wicca Phase Springs Eternal, Lil West, Bogues and Jay Vee. The run was scheduled to start Aug. 1 at Cleveland’s Beachland Ballroom.
It’s currently unclear if the canceled dates encompass nothing,nowhere.’s previously scheduled tour of the United Kingdom and Europe, set to occur in October and November of this year. We’ll keep you updated on any new developments.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental illness, there is help to be found. Please consider these online resources and talk to your regular doctor about your symptoms:
- MentalHealth.gov – Get Immediate Help
- ImAlive – Online Crisis Network
- International Association For Suicide Prevention – Resources
- The Anxiety And Depression Association Of America
- The National Alliance On Mental Illness
- American Psychiatric Association – Finding Help
- National Institute Of Mental Health
- American Psychological Association – Psychologist locator