The Maine drummer Pat Kirch revealed some heartbreaking news that the house the band recorded their 2015 album American Candy in, had been severely damaged by fire.
You can read his full statement below.
According to Z107.7, two have been arrested following a fire in Joshua Tree Thursday evening. Nearby residents reported hearing small explosions and popping noises before they saw the smoke and called the fire department.
The fire caused severe damage to the house the Maine occupied while recording their American Candy album in 2015.
Kirch took to Instagram to reveal the devastating news regarding the location.
“So sad to see that the American Candy house in Joshua Tree caught on fire. It looks like the main house was saved. What an amazing place to live and make music. Also I read that they were able to get all the pets out safe and no one else was there.”
Firefighters called in the Bomb and Arson detail due to suspicion surrounding the fire. Investigators found dozens of exploded butane canisters and a suspect a honey oil extraction lab was responsible for the blaze.
One suspect was arrested on suspicion of manufacturing a controlled substance, with a second suspect being contacted after he was taken to Hi-Desert Medical Center with burns sustained during the explosion.
You can watch footage of the band recording American Candy in the house below.