2018 was a good year for music, and it appears that extended into the vinyl-buying market as well.
A new report from the Official Charts Company has revealed the best selling vinyl records of 2018, and it’s chopped full new and old releases…plus some epic movie soundtracks.
Unsurprisingly, Arctic Monkeys dominated the list. The band snatched the top spot with their sixth studio album, Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino. The latest release has sold 38,000 copies since it dropped back in May.
Additionally, the group managed to claim another top 20 spot (hitting in at number 18) for their 2012 release, AM. They also appeared at the number 22 spot for 2006’s Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I Am.
The 1975 also saw some major vinyl-buying hype during the year, where they placed at number 20 for their most recent release, 2018’s A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships.
As for the top spots, the Greatest Showman’s soundtrack placed at number two, with vinyl sales going up to 32,300. Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours, trailed closely behind that, with sales coming in at 32,000.
Check out the top 20 list of the best-selling vinyl albums below!
1. Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino
2. The Greatest Showman OST
3. Fleetwood Mac – Rumours
4. Queen – Greatest Hits
5. Pink Floyd – The Dark Side Of The Moon
6. George Ezra – Staying At Tamara’s
7. Nirvana – Nevermind
8. Oasis – (What’s The Story) Morning Glory?
9. David Bowie – Legacy
10. Amy Winehouse – Back To Black
11. Jeff Wayne – The War Of The Worlds
12. Guardians Of The Galaxy, Awesome Mix 1 OST
13. The Stone Roses – The Stone Roses
14. Ed Sheeran – Divide
15. Guardians Of The Galaxy, Awesome Mix 2 OST
16. Bob Marley & The Wailers – Legend
17. The Beatles – The Beatles
18. Arctic Monkeys – AM
19. Oasis – Definitely Maybe
20. The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships
You can check out the top 40 list by going here!
Did you buy any of these vinyl albums in 2018? Let us know by sounding off in the comments below!