Firefighters were called to Warner Bros Studios in Hertfordshire, U.K. late Wednesday night due to reports of a fire at one of the studio’s stages. The area has been used by many major films including the Harry Potter series, James Bond franchise and the Mission Impossible movies.
According to a statement from Hertfordshire County Council’s Fire and Rescue Service, firefighters were called to the scene at 11:29 p.m. BST July 10.
By 10:10 a.m. BST, eighteen fire engines and support vehicles were at the scene attempting to battle the blaze. Three jets and one aerial ladder platform were also in use.
The statement was updated at 2:50 p.m. BST to state that the fire was now out, but several vehicles remained on site.
The Warner Bros Studios acts as the home to the Harry Potter franchise, letting fans visit the studio as part of an official tour.
According to the Warner Bros. Studios website, the tour is operating as normal Thursday, July 11.
Reports state the studio was not in use during the fire and so far, no injuries have been reported.
Local resident Mark Hancock tells BBC how he watched the fire from his window.
“The smoke went high into the air, and as I watched, the smoke appeared to get thicker. So much so that we could see the flashing lights of the fire engines reflecting off the thick smoke. It was still going strong at about 1.00 a.m. and when I woke up this morning it was still smoldering.”
— Mark Hancock (@The_M_Hancock) July 11, 2019
While the Harry Potter Studios Tour remains unaffected, Variety reports projects filming at the location include Armando Ianucci’s space comedy, “Avenue 5,” for HBO.