A lot happens in our scene each day. In an attempt to capture what you might've missed, we gather up noteworthy moments and package them in one convenient post. Check out today's recap below!
1. English rockers You Me At Six debuted their latest single, “Swear” on BBC Radio 1 earlier this afternoon.
The song premiered on Annie Mac’s “Hottest Record” segment, and the full premiere is available to watch below. Their upcoming album Night People is also now set to be released a week ahead of schedule, and will be available on January 6.
2. Keeping pace in the UK and Europe, Real Friends have rescheduled their previously postponed tour across the region.
You can check out the full list of rescheduled dates below, and all tickets from previous purchases will still be valid. There are also some new dates, and supporting acts will be announced soon. Of course, refunds will still be available at the point of purchase for those who cannot make the new dates.
UK/EU we have rescheduled our tour. If you bought tickets already they are still valid. Support bands will be announced soon. pic.twitter.com/bVChNsx3eZ
— Real Friends (@realfriendsband) November 22, 2016
29 Amsterdam, Melkweg
30 Antwerp, JC Kavka
01 Cologne, MTC
02 Stuttgart, Kellerclub
03 Hamburg, Hafenklang
04 Paris, Backstage By The Mill
06 Manchester, Club Academy
07 Birmingham, Asylum
09 Newcastle, Riverside
10 Glasgow, St Luke’s
11 Leeds, Stylus
13 Bristol, Thekla
14 Norwich, Epic Studios
15 Southampton, Engine Rooms
16 London, Electric Ballroom
3. Green Day delivered another wicked performance last night on Jimmy Kimmel Live, playing two of the singles from their brilliant new album, Revolution Radio.
Watch the live clips of “Bang Bang” and the title track, “Revolution Radio” below, and look out for the boys tonight, where they’ll also be performing on The Late Late Show With James Corden.
4. Evanescence will be streaming their final show of 2016 online for all their fans to see.
The band’s final date will be tomorrow (Wednesday) at the Paramount Theater in Huntington, New York, and they have teamed up with Live Nation to stream the show on their Facebook and YouTube pages, as well as on their website. The group is touring in honor of their box set, The Ultimate Collection, which is set to come out on December 9.
5. Matt Greiner launches play-along drum competition for August Burns Red's new holiday track, “What Child Is This (Greensleeves)” via Vic Firth.
The August Burns Red drummer is highly regarded as one of the best in the business, and with a load of skills that are unmatched, you can do your best to replicate his talents in a new contest hosted by Vic Firth. You can watch the drum playthrough of their latest single below. Those who enter will have the opportunity to score a one-on-one interview with Matt, and two of the best will be featured on the Vic Firth Youtube page and social media channels before December 28. Finally, on January 1, Matt will select his top three for the interview. Get the drumless track here, and get banging!
6. Topshelf Records is joining the cause and donating all of their proceeds to foundations that are in a threatened position.
In a post published on Facebook last night, the record company stated that for the rest of 2016, all of their musician’s catalogues will be available for a “pay-what-you-want” price on both their Bandcamp and official website. One hundred percent of the contributions will go to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Planned Parenthood, and The Trevor Project.
7. Slipknot turntablist Sid Wilson and ex-Limp Biscuit DJ Lethal are lined up to face-off in a DJ battle.
This Saturday, November 26, the two will go at it one-on-one in Fresno, California, as a part of Art Silva’s Birthday Bash celebration. However, the two are already good pals, and even once worked together as a duo as Lethal Wilson. Check out the event details below.
Watch More: For Today – The Final Interview