Reading Festival has issued a drug warning to attendees following the discovery of "high strength" Donkey Kong pills. The warning comes one day after a 17-year-old girl reportedly died of a suspected drug overdose at Leeds Festival yesterday morning.

You can read the festivals warning to its attendees below.

Read more: twenty one pilots bring dancing security guards onstage during Reading set

The festival took to Twitter to reveal the circulating drugs found at the site were Donkey Kong pills, otherwise known as 250mg MDMA tablets.

Later, the festival shared their drug policy reminding festival-goers that "Mixing drugs with other drugs / alcohol / prescription drugs can be very dangerous."

Yesterday, it was reported that a 17-year-old girl died of a suspected drugs overdose at Leeds.

West Yorkshire Police are reporting the teenager from Oldham died shortly after 03:40 BST at the Bramham Park Site.

A 17-year-old boy from the same area was arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs. 

Read more: Leeds Festival attendee dies of suspected drug overdose

The festival’s police commander stated the exact cause of the death hasn’t been determined but it appeared the girl had “taken a combination of drugs.”

“To say we are deeply saddened about this tragedy is an understatement,” said Melvin Benn, a representative for organizers Festival Republic.

“West Yorkshire Police have taken action against those that may have supplied the drugs, and we will continue to work with them as usual.”

See more: In memoriam: Musicians we lost in 2019

[envira-gallery id="197439"]