[Photo by: Snapchat]
If you haven't experienced the terrible Snapchat update yet, consider yourself lucky. The unwanted update pissed off A LOT of the app's users, with a lot of people threatening to just remove the app from their phones. Luckily, there's a way to get your old Snapchat back and avoid the confusing and irritating update.
Just follow the steps below and you'll be back to your old snapchatting ways in no time.
Snapchat has apparently never heard of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy, pushing forward with an update that sent users into a frenzy. Stories and Friends were combined into one page, with celebrity and publication stories in an entirely different section.
The update came with a lot of backlash, making the once easy-to-use app confusing and frustrating.
But before you toss Snapchat out for good, you can use these steps to get yourself back to your trusty older version of Snapchat.
1. Delete the app
While it will say that all your data will be deleted, don't freak. All your previous snaps and contacts will still be there.
2. Open your phone settings and go to iTunes and App Stores, turn off "automatic downloads" for Apps and Updates.
You may not need to turn off both, but per directions it states to switch off both... and why change it if it works? (You hear me Snapchat?!)
3. Re-download Snapchat
"Hello darkness, my old friend...."
4. Type your username in the log in screen BUT DON'T LOG IN! Instead, click on "Forgot your password?"
It's going to get a little complicated, but just stay with us. We got you.
5. Snapchat will ask you how you want to reset your password. Choose to reset your password via PHONE.
Everyone says this part is super important, so do it OK?
6. Now you get to prove you're not a robot by clicking pictures of ghosts.
Why is the logo a ghost anyway...
7. Snapchat is going to be sly and ask for your digits. Type in your cell number and hit "Continue"
We're almost there!
8. You'll receive a text from Snapchat with a confirmation code. Put that code in the app.
This will all be worth it. We promise.
9. Choose your new password.
And don't forget it like me...
10. Now re-open your app and BAM! Old Snapchat is back!
Oh how we missed you.
Hopefully Snapchat has been paying attention to users' feedback on the update, but in the meantime, at least we have an escape from that terrible update.
Happy snapping, friends!
How did you feel about the new Snapchat update? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.