Amp up your Thanksgiving leftovers with these cheese, turkey and mashed potato deep-fried balls. Then dip them right into “Take This To Your Gravy.” See the full recipe below!
TAKE THIS TO YOUR GRAVY
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 25 minutes
• 1-1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
• 1/2 cup finely chopped leftover turkey
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
• Vegetable oil, for frying
• Leftover gravy, for serving
1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, turkey, cheese and eggs until well combined.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a separate large bowl.
3. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, scoop out about 3 tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture and roll it into a ball.
4. Roll the ball in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
5. Repeat the scooping, rolling and breading process with the remaining mashed potato mixture.
6. Line baking sheet or plate with paper towels.
7. Add the vegetable oil to a large, heavy-bottomed stockpot. Heat the oil until it reaches 360 degrees F.
8. Carefully add a few of the mashed potato balls to the oil and cook them, turning occasionally, until they’re golden brown.
9. Using a slotted spoon or colander, transfer the mashed potato bites to the paper towel-lined sheet/plate.
10. Repeat until all mashed potato balls are cooked.
11. Serve the mashed potato bites with leftover gravy for dipping.