Bonnaroo attendee dies after being found unresponsive, festival confirms
A 27-year-old festival-goer has died after being found unresponsive in the Bonnaroo campgrounds, according to festival officials.
Ann Ewing, the director of crisis communication at Kaleidoscope Media, revealed the attendee died Saturday, June 15 after suffering a “medical situation.”
The medical team was called to Plaza 11 yesterday to respond to the medical situation at the campgrounds.
Bonnaroo EMS and Coffee County Emergency Services arrived a few minutes later, finding the man unresponsive.
According to The Tennessean, the man was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“The well-being of our patrons, staff, volunteers and artists is our primary concern, and we work diligently to ensure the safest festival possible. Earlier today, our medical team in Plaza 11 was asked to respond to a medical situation in a nearby campsite,” Ewing said in a statement via The Manchester Times. “The Bonnaroo Medical team and Coffee County Emergency Services were on the scene within minutes.”
“A 27-year-old male patron camping with his father was unresponsive,” Ewing continues. “The medical team administered CPR, and he was transported to the hospital. We understand that he had an underlying medical condition, and that, unfortunately, he has died. We have no further information at this time. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends."
The Coffee County Sheriff's Department revealed to WTVF that they are still investigating the death but currently, do not suspect any foul play.
No further information is available at this time.
In 2018, a 32-year-old Bonnaroo attendee died at the campgrounds with the autopsy later revealing he died of an overdose. According to the toxicology report, he had cocaine, MDMA and alcohol in his system.
The sold-out music festival continues through today with 80,000 people expected in attendance.
See more: In memoriam: Musicians we lost in 2019